© 2019 by Village of Standard. Proudly created with Wix.com

HISTORY

The Canadian Pacific Railway opened this area to settlers

In 1909, a delegation of Danish men came from Iowa to the Chimney Hills district to look for farmland on the 21,000 acres the CPR had set aside for this purpose.

In 1910 the first families moved into what was then called the "Dana" area, and the 1910 CPR map shows the village's name as "Danaview".  When CPR officials discovered they had a town bearing that name northeast of Saskatoon, they would not permit two towns with the same name on their line. Hence, the name “Standard” from the flag, Royal Standard of Denmark.

With the arrival of trains in 1911, Standard became a thriving service centre for the agricultural industry surrounding it and today also provides services for crews of the various industries of the area.